Friday, September 21, 2012

Whew We Made Another Week!

First off, congratulations to all of you who showed in the fair this year.  I didn't get to talk to all of you at the fair, but I saw many of you and your animals.  I am so proud of you all.  Well, we have ended our poetry unit and are now beginning a very brief nonfiction unit over biographies, autobiographies, diaries and memoirs.  I assigned a short biography project that is due next Thursday, September 27th.  The students must choose one person they would like to create a short biography over.  I have attached the instructions here on the blog for you to look at.  Vocabulary wise next week, we are going to be focusing on prefixes, suffixes, and root words.  We will cover ten prefixes and ten suffixes.  A homework assignment will be given Tuesday that will be due Thursday.  We will also be taking a major unit test next Friday over poetry and nonfiction.  This is nothing they can study for ahead of time; it is kind of like a benchmark assessment.

No comments:

Post a Comment