Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Busy Week!
I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend off. I know we have only been back for a week, but a long week it was. The long Labor Day weekend really helped to break us in after the long summer break. Yesterday I handed out the instructions for the "Songs are Poetry! Project." The entire must be finished and ready to present to the class by next Wednesday, Sept. 12th. I let the kids choose their own groups this time around. They could have a group of 2, no more than 3. The instructions are attached on the side. We have continued to analyze poetry this week through teacher led instruction, group work, and individual assessment. They are doing great and seem to really be getting the hang of all this poetry "stuff." We also started our first unit of vocabulary this week. The vocabulary homework is due tomorrow (Thursday) and the test/quiz over the words will be Friday. We will also be visiting the library for the first time tomorrow. Something different for the students this year is that there is no more reading for AR points. They can choose any book they would like when we go to the library. I will post again at the end of the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment