Thursday, September 6, 2012
First Homework Assignment Due!
Today all students had to turn in their first homework assignment: Vocabulary Unit 1. The assignment was given to them Tuesday and was due today. If it was not complete, they had to grade what they had completed, and if they didn't have it at all it was a zero because they have had more than one day to complete the assignment. I was disappointed in the number of students who turned in the assignment only partially completed or didn't turn it in at all. I lectured them about how important each grade is. Both daily grades and test grades count for 50% of their grade, so taking a zero on a homework assignment is like taking a zero on a test. I will enter grades hopefully tomorrow so that you all can see where your child stands. I told the kids today that I will not baby them or hold their hand throughout the year. They are in an advanced class for a reason, and a great deal of responsibility comes along with that. Please continue to encourage them at home to be responsible and get their school work completed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment