We have so much coming up this week. We are wrapping up our poetry unit. We are for the most part finished with our poetry project presentations. I think I may have two more to go in 7th period with that class being as large as it is. For our first major project, the students did very well. I had some really fantastic presentations. Way to go guys! Tomorrow we will be taking our poetry unit test. The students need to look over and study their review sheet they got today in class for the test tomorrow. When we return on Thursday from our fair holiday, we will begin our nonfiction unit consisting of autobiographies, biographies, memoirs and diaries. Thursday is also library day. Remember to bring back those library books so you're not stuck with a late fee fine. There will be a project coming up with the nonfiction unit: they will be creating a biography. More information to come on that very soon.
We did not have vocabulary this week. In fact, vocabulary is going to be done a little bit differently from now on. The unit vocabulary that we have had the last two weeks are going to be every other week now. We are going to try and work in academic vocabulary on a weekly basis starting next week. We want to make sure that all the students are familiar with all the terms they are likely to see on the STAAR test in the spring.
With all this said, I wish the best of luck to all of you showing this week in the fair. I will be making my way down there Wednesday night. I will stop by to see all of your animals at some point. Have fun and stay safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment