Friday, October 12, 2012

Update!

I hope you all had a great week!!  I know we did, but we are also very much ready for a relaxing weekend.  This week in class, we read chapters 7-10 of Tom Sawyer.  All the chapters were assigned to be read at home and the guided reading completed for each chapter.  Wednesday I took a surprise grade on the guided reading for chapters 7-8.  I can't tell you the number of zeros that was given because the chapters didn't get read and the questions not answered which is exactly why I did it.  I expect the homework to get done.  I think it is fair to say that more surprise grades will be taken in the future until we come to terms with taking responsibility for our work.  I will not back down on this.  Homework is to be expected during the week, but I will not give homework over the weekends.  I need a break from work and so do my students, so I expect my expectations to be met throughout the week.  I posted grades this morning, so all grades are up to date on the parent portal.  Take advantage of the weekend and relax, because Monday will start a new and very busy week for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment